Modeled after the real deal. Inside and out.
The Interlocking Tower housed the mechanism (levers, rods, etc.) that controlled the signals and turnouts at crossings. Rods exited the tower and were supported by beams. These rods controlled the signals with the use of the levers located inside of the tower. When the main line did not have the right of way, the entry door would lock. Hence the operator controlling the levers inside the tower wouldn't be able to exit. The trap door in the floor and the trap door on the side of the building were added in the case that the operator had to leave the tower after the entry door locked. This is an exact reproduction of a tower in North Dakota.
The view through the windows shows a detailed interior: etched flooring, scribed wainscoting, and interior trim for additional realism.
O-Scale Kit includes:
- Detailed stairs and railings
- Etched, horizontal siding
- Roll roofing
- Support beams for the rods that control the signals
- Visible rafter tails
- Trap doors and hinges
- Interior etched floor, scribed wainscoting and interior window and door trim
- Dimensionally accurate windows, doors, and trim
- Cut-to-size acetate windows
- NPR: No paint required, architectural board construction
Footprint: 4-7/8" x 6-7/8" x 5-3/4"
May be used with #3293 Details for Interlocking Tower (Lighting, Fuel Tank and Levers)
Great product resulted in an great tower. Looks very nice. The tips, blogs and YouTube videos make for great outcomes. I will order more to make more. And On Wisconsin.